When choosing cremation, one of the most important decisions to make is, Do I want the funeral home that I have called to take care of my loved one to also do the cremation, or allow that firm to outsource the cremation to a third party company? By calling Twiford Funeral Homes, you can rest assured that we own and operate our own crematory (Albemarle Crematorium, Inc.), so we do not have to outsource your loved one’s cremation.
Many people assume that the funeral home looks after the cremation; and by calling Twiford Funeral Home, that assumption is correct. The Twiford Funeral Homes’ state-of-the-art crematory, Albemarle Crematorium, is licensed by the State of North Carolina, and all of our crematory operators are State Board certified. We feel that since you have entrusted your family member to our care, it is our responsibility to see that all aspects of the cremation process are handled properly. Other funeral homes may think that it is fine to outsource the cremation of your loved one or to transport your loved one to an off-premise crematory, but Twiford Funeral Homes does not.
At Twiford Funeral Homes, you can rest assured that your loved one never leaves of care, unlike other area funeral homes that do not own and operate an on-site crematory.
Many people choose cremation because it gives you the flexibility to plan a meaningful service of remembrance. Just because someone chooses cremation, it does not mean that they can not have a memorial service. In fact, you can choose to have any type of service that you want. Some may choose to have a traditional funeral service with viewing at their church or in our chapel followed by cremation and burial of the cremated remains. Others may choose a service of remembrance where the deceased is not present, but a memorial service is held at in a church or in our funeral chapel. Another option is a direct cremation with no remembrance of the life one has lived. There are various options that a person may choose within the realm of our cremation options. The following are suggestions of the types of cremation services you may choose.
1. Our Signature Service with Ceremony and Visitation: This package allows you to honor your loved one through a traditional funeral at our chapel or your church before the cremation process occurs. A time of visitation with relatives and friends can occur immediately prior to the service or the evening before.
2. Cremation with Ceremony and Visitation: This package allows you to personalize a meaningful memorial service at your church or our chapel as well as spending time with family and friends to celebrate your loved one and the memories you share.
3. Cremation with Ceremony: This package allows you to personalize a meaningful memorial service at your church or our chapel to pay tribute to your loved one.
4. Cremation with Visitation: This package allows you to honor your loved one in a less formal manner through a set time of visitation for relatives and friends to share memories and show support.
5. Direct Cremation: This package offers an affordable cremation without any funeral rites.
Whichever cremation option you chose, please know that Twiford Funeral Home is honored and privileged to have been called to care for someone that was loved dearly by you and your family.
Conveniently located on the grounds of our Elizabeth City Funeral Home and Memorial Chapel, our state-of-the-art crematory, Albemarle Crematorium offers family viewing rooms for those that wish to witness the cremation of their loved one.